Monday, May 07, 2007

Willie for President

Many of you have heard me disparage the pre-packaged witicisms of bumper stickers, but truth be told, downtown Madison is a haven of clever liberal lines. New favorite I saw while walking to the library today: "Don't Blame Me; I voted for Willie Nelson."

Speaking of trouble with the law, I heard the Mifflin arrest count made it to triple digits. Nice job, generation Y, way to strive after your goals.

Made another weekend trip to Strictly Discs yesterday, which is getting to be a weekend bicycle ritual. First it was Three Dog Night and Getz/Gilberto, the latter LP I'd lusted after for years. Then Thin Lizzy and Huey Lewis & the News. Now it was Purple Rain and some Foreigner. I've just caved to my guilty pleasures, and the abyss is divine.

It's a day off from work and I'm rewarding myself by ... reading theoretical physics. All together now, in Quagmire voice, "All right."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could read some theoretical physics... oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for gray's anatomy