Monday, March 05, 2007

Best and Worst

Netflix might be the best thing that's ever happened to me. This month. After a long period of protrastinating because I don't like to commit to monthly payments on anything, I caved in an instant. Got "Stranger Than Fiction" and "The Departed," which were two of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time.

Worst thing to happen to me thusfar in this young March? There are other candidates, like burning my thumb on the stove, but the winner is what I heard on Triple M this morning -- a stripped-down unplugged version of Snow Patrol's hit single. In some mysterious cosmic ways, it might not be such a bad thing for me; I was loafing on my stance that Snow Patrol is the worst band in the world -- if you don't listen carefully their yelping and angular guitars lead you to believe they could be something like the All-American Rejects, juvenile and unimportant, but not terrible. This acoustic "Chasing Cars," however, with its poor sound quality, poor attempts at background harmony and poor overall execution, throws the pure awfulness of this songs right into your face. Come on, I'm Jackson Browne in an indie haircut, won't you fuck me?

And another fashion update: got these chocolate brown courdoroy pants 75% off for $5. New favorite pants. Photos to come? We'll see. I've been thinking I haven't used my digital camera too much lately.

1 comment:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

but ... but ... but ... i like snow patrol :(