Friday, March 21, 2008

This Development is a Step in the Right Direction

One of the big big life items weighing upon my shoulders has relented -- I accepted an offer today to intern with the online edition of Discover. Pretty excited. After more than a decade of Oklahoma, Nebraska and Wisconsin, I'll now live in Boston and New York back to back. And then there's the money situation. But that worry is for another day; for today I'm just happy that I finally know where I'm going to be two months from now, and that somewhere is fantastic.

It's spring break this upcoming week, which will be a pleasant break. No, I'm not going anywhere. I'm uncool and broke. Rather, I'll have plenty of time to undertake the massive revisions on my thesis, as well as try to find some more money, get some shoes that aren't falling apart, and the like.

No comments: