Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We've...We've got to save the children

Cleaning the room today, and stumbled upon this:



This stack of paper came from my first semester class, "Sustainability, Trade and the Environment." That's right. A class that's nominally one-third about the environment produced this stack of paper in the span of three and a half months. I agree with my professor's conclusion that only dramatic large-scale policy will really change things, not individuals feeling guilty and recycling their beer bottles. But still. Come on. That's not even half of the assigned reading, either. I read a lot on the computer, and skipped quite a bit altogether.

3 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Tomorrow I'm taking a picture of my boss's office to show you the catastrophe there. I print at least a thousand pages a day, if not more. We just bought a $3,000 industrial printer.

For a professor.

One. Professor. Of Economics, no less.

Ugh.

Anonymous said...

but the trees are already dead. might as well make use of 'em. right?

A.G. said...

Kris, you ought to go into business advertising the logging companies. You' d poison all the trees in an area, and then make your case that the company should get them since they're otherwise useless now.