Thursday, June 28, 2007

A Few things to be happy about

for no particular reason.

  • It was in the 70s today. There were clouds, but who cares? After upper 80s to mid 90s for the early part of the week with essence-draining humidity, it was mercifully dry and cool today. Finally there's a breeze through my windows and the night is cool. This doesn't happen in Nebraska or Oklahoma. They don't have quite so swampy humidity to deal with, no, but the run of dry heat never relents. I'll deal with the miserable days, but you have to give me something in return. Like this weekend. Highs in the 70s, lows in the 50s.

I feel like an old man writing about the weather, but for the first time in a while it is of great practical concern to me, and not simply an inconvienence. I actually had to pee today for the first time in a while, having not sweated out every drop of water in my system. More information than you wanted? Hey, that's great.

  • I have a job that allows me to wear a bandana. Many Americans cannot say that, which is really too bad. For one thing, there's the objective fact that bandanas are bad-ass. Two, they're damn useful. And third, they're a motivator. If you loaf and whine while wearing a bandana, you've disgraced not only yourself, but everyone in the bandana community.
  • The Brewers are winning again. In other news, sausage is delicious.
  • I just ate pork ribs and corn for dinner. In other news, I have a lot of chest hair, and what are you doing later, sugar?
  • Berghoff Solstice Wit beer. If you like wheat beer. If you don't, that's fine, but if you do, indulge. Besides, Berghoff really isn't on the map of A-list microbrewers, so it's not much more expensive than MGD. I'm smitten in the meantime. I needed a summer beer, but here's the thing: summer beers are usually soft. They're very pale ales, or like Leinenkugel's new Shandy, more lemonade than beer. What I was seeking I found in Solstice. Plus, a nifty and apropos moniker.

That's all for now.

No comments: